Site Selector Services
The Dumas EDC staff is always ready to provide you with the information needed to make an accurate assessment. Because we are the economic development entity for the Dumas & Moore County area, you will not have to chase down any other entity for information and data collection! The Dumas EDC would also like to extend an open invitation to our site selection and corporate real estate professionals to visit our community at any time. Allow us to treat you as our VIP guest to give you a personal perspective on everything our community has to offer!
- The EDC provides customized demographic reports for special areas of interest, including information on workforce availability, wage rates, major employers and occupations.
- The Dumas EDC provides Dumas & Moore County real estate and incentive information and coordinates site tours.
- We customize an incentive calculation to provide clients with an accurate monetary amount they can potentially receive if their companies take advantage of the programs available.
- The Dumas EDC coordinates with local and state training programs, including Amarillo College Career Skills & Technical Training Center, AC-MCC Customized Training Department, and the Texas Skills Development grant program. We also make hiring referrals to a coalition of placement agencies for recruiting, screening and interviewing.
- The Dumas EDC works closely with local jurisdictions to coordinate consistency and clarity for companies pursuing permits. We assist companies in working with state and federal agencies insuring a smooth process.
- We make business referrals to agencies to assist with loan guarantees, direct financing, local development funds, grants, micro-loan programs and SBA loan packages.
- The Dumas EDC works closely with local realtors and property owners for an up-to-date database of available industrial and commercial properties.
- We work with utilities in the coordination of rate analysis for water, sewer, gas and electric based on company usage and projected growth.
- The Dumas EDC has created a retention and expansion program to “grow our own” in order to enhance the stability and growth of existing businesses which will result in job creation and capital investment.
- The Dumas EDC partners with our local businesses by providing opportunities to market their products and services, obtain leads & opportunities on their behalf and provide continual opportunities to apply for funding assistance that will help them expand, develop new markets and ultimately create more jobs.